etree.org supporting a new compression now? please advise, since I haven't heard about it. :) Thanks - Damien
First impressions from looking at their web pages: Platform compatibility appears same as FLAC
, ie Win, Linux, MacOSX but not lower Macs. Has a frontend(s). Benchmarks at the site appear to be for quiet studio music, not live samples. Encoding time looks favorable, but I did not see comparisons of *decoding* time, which would actually be more relevant for etree.org distributions. - Diana
Some TTA chat including by developer(s) appears to be conducted at [Hydrogenaudio]
TTA - Free lossless audio codec
(True Audio) lossless audio codec is a free, simple real-time lossless audio encoder/decoder, based on adaptive prognostic filters which has shown the same or the better results comparing to majority of modern analogs.
- Down to 30% lossless audio data compression
- Real-time encoding/decoding algorithm
- Fast operation speed and minimal system requirements
- Can be compiled and executed on several different platforms
- Free and open source code and documentation
- Hardware support
performs lossless compression on multichannel 8,16 and 24 bit data of the Wav audio files. Being "lossless" means that no data/quality is lost in the compression - when uncompressed, the data will be identical to the original. The compression ratios of TTA
depend on the type of music file being compressed, but the compression size will generally range between 30% - 70% of the original. TTA
format supports both of ID3v1 and ID3v2 information tags.
Using True Audio codec
you can store up to 20 audio CD from your music collection on one single DVD-R for playback, keeping all of CD information in a popular ID3 information tags.
See also: [TTA at Corecodec.Org], [TTA at Sourceforge.Net]
- Free and simple data format
- Plugins for the most popular media players
- TTA DirectShow filters
- Tau Producer - GUI based compressor for Windows
- Set of the C/C++ TTA development libraries