to-do- incorp/update various junk from old site over to this an other pages as appropriate
etree.org Frequently Asked QuestionsThese pages are still under construction and will be incomplete for a while yet. Please contribute new content!
If you do not find your answer here, please visit the older site's [orientation]
pages). This wiki site is also searchable from a box at the bottom of every page; try a likely "string" and see what comes up. If you're still stumped, try EtreeQuestions
or better yet, ask in our [Help On the Way forum]
- Shorten (SHN) is the one of the first lossless audio compression formats. FLAC is a newer, more powerful audio codec also popular in our community.
- MailingLists are used to discuss, trade, and get announcements from SiteOps.
- HowToDownload music from an etree.org FTP server (including general FTP etiquitte).
- HowToSetupAQueue to avoid busy logins and automatically download shows.
- SoftwareYouNeed to listen to your SHN files and burn them to CDs.
- HowToBurn the music you download onto a CD.
- SeedingGuidelines describes how to contribute new music to the community.
- AcronymGlossary and BandAbbreviations help you decode all the shorthand.
- How to listen to music from PC via stereo