Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /public/projects/etree/projects/wiki.etree.org/ihtml/common.php on line 57
Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /public/projects/etree/projects/wiki.etree.org/ihtml/common.php on line 58
Although this page may be linked from various non-etree.org BitTorrent
sites, this page is not
part of those sites, it is part of etree.org. Please add TradeFriendly
links only- see AboutEtreeOrg
If you add a link, please use the url for a general web page containing .torrent links, not the .torrent links themselves (since content may change). Pointers must be to clearly TradeFriendly
material only, thanks! Please remove unfriendly or gray-area sites if you find them on here.
Quick User Tips
BitTorrent Music Downloads
- Check for upgrades to your client for the best downloading experience. BT programs are often under active development.
- When you go to a BT download page, right-click on the .torrent link you want and choose "save target as", then save it on your desktop (or wherever). That way you can restart it without having to revisit the webpage first.
- If you have a firewall, read up on poking holes in it for the program to get through (see BitTorrent page for links).
- Keep sharing a while after you complete, or reopen a completed session. Sharing makes this work!
- Problems? Read our BitTorrent page for more help.
- Hosting sites These sites have a greater chance of currently hosting shows than those in the individual sites section.
- Announcement areas
- [firstname.lastname@example.org] mailing list- moderated, trade-friendly announcements only. Torrents posted to [bt.etree.org] can be announced here automatically.
- [torrent] mailing list at [nycheads.com] - moderated, trade-friendly announcements only.
- ["Box of Rain" BT forum ] at [forums.etree.org].
- [DigitalPanic] Widespread Panic, Grateful Dead, Gov't Mule, Bluegrass, and other Taper Friendly artists (Forums + Tracker)
- [The Music Never Stopped Project] - for seeds that will match entries in etree.org's [Sources in Circulation] database. Requires registration. Assured to be TradeFriendly material only.
- etree.org's other MailingLists such as etrade, etree and announce have variable coverage. Most BT siteops cannot post to the announce list, which was designed to advertise larger-bandwidth ftp sites but has generally fallen into disuse by those ftp siteops.
- [DigitalBoots] is a directory listing of lossless live links, including BitTorrent, DC++ hubs, direct downloads, etc.
- Check your favorite mailing lists or fan websites for the band you're interested it. BitTorrent use is now widespread.
- Individual sites Not all of these may have current offerings. Click them to see.
See also: BitTorrent, FurthurNet
- Inactive Sites that have not had fresh offerings for a long time, or could not be reached as of 8/21/05, have been moved here (they may be back later):
Misc keywords for searches: bit torrent downloads bit torrent files bit-torrent .torrent page bit torrent sites bittorrent downloads bittorrent links bittorrent files bit torrent links bittorrent music