is the Shorten playback plugin for WinAmp
created by Wayne Stielau for the etree.org community.
supports the SHN v3 standard, which allows you to instantly seek to any point within a Shorten file if the file was encoded with seek tables.
Note that ShnAmp
does not convert Shorten files to WAV files, it just allows you to listen to them on your computer without having to burn them to a CD.
Update 9/23/2002: We're happy to introduce the initial public release of ShnAmp
3, the Shorten plugin for Winamp3. If you experience any quirks, please report them using the link at the bottom of the page so we can fix them. The download link is below. If you want to continue to use Winamp2, then ShnAmp
v2.0.2 is still for you (get it? ShnAmp
2 for Winamp2, ShnAmp
3 for Winamp3).
For Winamp3 ONLY! [ShnAmp v3.0.0]
- 73 KB Released 9/23/2002
- Initial public release of ShnAmp for Winamp3
- Full uninstall utility, should you decide SHN isn't for you
- Optionally cleans up Winamp3's shameless promotion of a certain large ISP
For Winamp2 or Winamp5 ONLY! [ShnAmp v2.02]
- 146 KB Released 3/4/2002
- Fixed multiple longstanding playlist issues including incorrect time in playlist and playing tracks repeatedly or in incorrect sequence.
- Fixed problems with external seek files
- Fixed problem with trailing backslash missing from seek table directory name
- Fixed incorrect internal sizing of external seek tables
For those who were too late to download the classic, apparently no longer available Winamp2, we should mention the Winamp2 plugin is compatible with Winamp5!
info can be found [here]
For one approach to the problem of shns that do not have seek tables, see [this etree forums thread]
See also SoftwareYouNeed
Misc keywords for search: shn amp